- Contact Us
- Location and Hours
- Is IOP for me?
- About Us
IOP Mental Health of Cary, NC
Our Mental Health IOP is designed to provide short term stabilization and resolution for adult individuals suffering from a crisis or exacerbation of their psychiatric condition.
Our program allows patients to receive treatment and still maintain an independent lifestyle. Our goal is to help patients get back to living their life as normally and productively as possible, as soon as possible.
We specialize in treatment for Depressive Disorder, Anxiety and Panic Disorder, Bipolar Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, and Post-traumatic Stress Disorder.
Patients attend group therapy three days a week, for three hours each day. Patients are usually in the program for four to six weeks depending on their customized treatment plan.
Issues addressed in groups effectively promote the healing process and help participants:
- Reduce fears, anxieties and depression
- Manage anger, guilt and shame
- Curb destructive impulses and behavior
- Regulate emotions and tolerate distress
- Express thoughts and feelings
- Set limits and build structure to their days
- Replace negative self-talk with positive self-talk
- Explore personal values and beliefs
- Practice interpersonal effectiveness and communications skills
- Generally improve patients quality of life and well being
During group sessions, participants identify and share meaningful short term goals and work toward accomplishing them one day at a time. Steps to attain a more effective coping style are addressed on an ongoing basis throughout the program.
Group sessions are currently being held on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
9:30am – 12:30pm or 1:00pm – 4:00pm